At The Co-tenancy Company your privacy is important to us. The privacy act places certain requirements on the way The Co-tenancy Company treat the information you give us.
What information we collect we will ask you to provide information that is relevant to your request. We may collect some or all of the following information:
- – Your name and contact details
- – Date of birth and residency
- – Qualifications, work history, resume
- – Application forms
- – Bank account details
- – Drivers licence and passport number
- – Details of any dealings you have with us and/or our other clients.
It is up to you to choose which information you wish to provide. If you choose not to provide us with particular information that has been requested, The Co-tenancy Company may not be best placed to provide the service that you have requested.
We collect the information as The Co-tenancy Company also provides services normally provided by landlords. We use the information we collect to provide these services to clients and to contractors to help provide these services.
We collect the information in a number of ways, including:
- – From you, by phone or documents
- – An application form or a resume
- – By contacting your nominated referees
- – Publicly available information
To whom do we regularly disclose personal information?
We may disclose your information to the following parties outside of The Co-tenancy Company:
- – The Co-tenancy Companies agents/contractors.
- – Your referees in making enquiries.
- – Your financial institution and Government bodies or others as required/authorized by law.
- – The Co-tenancy Companies related companies and any companies involved in a corporate or business restructure by The Co-tenancy Company.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we collect or disclose about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you believe that there is an error or information is missing please notify our privacy officer and we will try to correct or add the information as soon as possible. We take reasonable steps to ensure any personal information, which we no longer require for any lawful purpose, is disposed of in a secure manner. However, personal records will be held for a specific period of time due to statutory requirements.
The Co-tenancy Company
Level 2, 35 Clarence Street
Sydney, NSW 2000
For more information about privacy in general you can visit the federal
privacy commissioner’s website: privacy.gov.au